This is a specialty tea Hibiscus tea, also known as Agua de Jamaica and by its scientific name Hibiscus sabdariffa is prepared by boiling parts of the hibiscus plant. Hibiscus tea is ruby red or deep magenta in color and has a sour taste.
It is a very popular beverage throughout the world and is often used as a medicinal tea. Hibiscus flowers have various names and are known as “Roselle” in some places. It is widely available in the market throughout the tea-drinking world and can be consumed hot or cold depending on your preference.
Hibiscus tea is naturally low in calories and is caffeine-free. According to the USDA Nutrient Database, it has a good supply of minerals including calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, sodium, and zinc. It also contains B-vitamins like niacin and folic acid. This tea is a good source of anthocyanins, which makes it beneficial for managing elevated blood pressure levels, the common cold, and urinary tract infections (UTIs).
1. Put 2tsp(10ml) of Masai Hibiscus tea for 4 cups
2. Add hot boiled water
3. Brew under cover for 2-6minutes
4. Sieve and serve
5. You may add sugar or honey for taste
- Manages Blood Pressure
- It may help keep your cholesterol levels in check (and your heart and blood vessels healthy)
- Helps keeping your digestion running smoothly
- Helps keep your immune system healthy
- May tame inflammation
- May support your weight-loss goals
- May improve liver health
There are no reviews yet.