This is a specialty tea grown in the Mt. Kenya region and is a cross-breed variety of the camellia sinensis plant. Due to where it is grown, it has protective anthocyanins and higher level of polyphenols compared to other tea varieties. It is purple from the field all the way to the cup.
1. Purple tea whole leaf – made from the orthodox process of rolling two leaves and a bud which have gone through the process of fixation. It is then dried as it does not go through the oxidation process. The whole leaf variety opens up into a full leaf when brewed.
2. Purple tea specialty – it is the broken form of the whole leaf tea.
1. Put 2gms of Masai purple tea into the brewing cup
2. Add 180-200ml of hot boiled water
3. Brew under cover for 2-6minutes
4. Sieve and serve
5. You may add lemon for taste
1. The anthocyanin property helps to combat free radicals in your body hence powering your body health
2. It helps to soothe inflammation
3. Helps to reduce the body fat
4. Helps to fight diseases like heart disease and diabetes
5. Decreased body mass index hence improving body composition and lean body mass
6. Has an anti-obesity effect